Boy does it feel like it.
My dear mother in law managed to snag some free Hello Fresh meals, and she ever so kindly gave us one to try out.
Of course I–being the most stressed and uncoordinated human on the earth–jumped at an opportunity to one; make dinner super stress free and two, to write a killer Hello Fresh review post. The best of both worlds…food and a topic for a blog post.
However, the blog gods have a weird way of working and upon hastily opening my package of food, I noticed that the majority of the ingredients didn’t enjoy the long car ride home.
Same arugula, same.
As one can imagine, I was crushed. Mostly because I had no other plan for dinner as I threw all my hopes and dreams on packaged and shipped produce.
I mean, I never have luck with produce lasting very long so I shouldn’t be surprised.
However, we did take great care of the pork chops, the peach seemed to love us, as did the couscous. So instead of using the peaches for a salad like the recipe said, I decided to use it–and the cops–to make my own yummy meal.
For those of you that don’t know, I usually stick with recipes and make some minor alterations if I’m feeling daring. I simply have too much anxiety to attempt something food related on my own, but I was left on this Monday afternoon with no other choice but to do so.
Well, I lied; I used the provided couscous recipe.
Other than that however, this was me and I’m quite enthralled with the outcome.
I must say…well done me, well done.
Peach Pork Chops with Balsamic and Brown Sugar Glaze
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 1 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp) butter
- 1 peach chopped
- fresh thyme removed from stem
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly season the pork chops w salt and pepper
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Place pork chops in skillet and cook for a couple minutes on each side
- Transfer skillet from stove top to preheated oven and continue cooking the chops for 5 minutes
- While the chops are in the oven, heat the other 2 tbsp of butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat
- To the melted butter, add the balsamic, the brown sugar, and the syrup
- Add peaches and cook until soft
- Remove chops from oven and pour the peaches and glaze over them and put back in oven. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on the thyme
- Plate and enjoy!